Please subscribe devotional materials directly from Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer and Our Daily Bread Ministries official website. This site is mainly an archive of devotion materials for reference with sole purpose to encourage believers with the WORD of GOD and to invite many to turn to GOD through CHRIST JESUS as their Saviour and LORD.
Friday, October 20, 2017
Increase Your Self-Acceptance - by Joyce Meyer Ministries daily devotion 20 October Friday
[And I pray] that the participation in and sharing of your faith may produce and promote full recognition and appreciation and understanding and precise knowledge of every good [thing] that is ours in [our identification with] Christ Jesus [and unto His glory].
— Philemon 1:6
You may not think highly of yourself, but God wants you to know who you are in Christ and like yourself. Here are five practical tips to help increase your self-acceptance and your confidence of knowing who you are in Christ:
1. Never speak negatively about yourself. The communication of your faith is made effective by acknowledging every good thing in you through Christ Jesus, not by focusing on your weaknesses and flaws.
2. Avoid comparing yourself to others. Peter encountered this obstacle when he compared himself to another disciple. He asked, …Lord, what about this man? Jesus replied, If I want him to stay (survive, live) until I come, what is that to you? (John 21:21-22). We are not called to compare, only to comply.
3. Let God determine your worth. Remember, because of Jesus, you’ve already been accepted by Him.
4. Keep your flaws in perspective. It’s okay to see where you need to improve, but make sure you appreciate your progress.
5. Discover the true source of confidence. If you place your confidence in God, you can’t help but have a healthy attitude. Do your best, and leave the results to Him.